Thursday, November 15, 2012

Vanity

Hello my friends,

not this vanity
I hope today's post finds you well.  Today I want to talk about why we workout, exercise, eat healthy, go to great lengths to stay as healthy and fit as possible.  We as humans and more specifically Americans, we spend over a billion dollars a year on exercise equipment, trainers, diets, videos, and everything under the sun health related.  I think a lot of it is money well spent, unless you keep buying shake weights, please stop buying shake weights and go spend the money on good running shoes.  Anyway what I'm saying is some people feel the need to come up with some supremely noble reason why they work out, sighting that they have a family history of high blood pressure, or their father had a heart attack at age 55.  These are all great reasons and I'm not saying that they aren't real or valid. 

However I do want to touch on the fact that no matter who you are and what you say there is always an element of vanity.  I feel that the word vanity gets a bad wrap sometimes VANITY, say it with me "van i teeee"  but it doesn't have to be an ugly word.  I am here to tell you that it is PERFECTLY fine to have a level of vanity.  I mean honestly it's human nature.  Everyone wants to look good, no one wants to look bad and that's OK.  You look good, you feel good, you feel good, you do good.  This works with everything.  If you feel good about yourself and how you are looking your whole attitude, spirit, and confidence is up.  This leads to a nice positive vibe and tends to rub off on others and lead to more good things.  This is not really an arguable point so don't sit there and try to counter with anything, just accept it as fact, thank you for not arguing. 

So I want everything for you.  This is what I always try to get across, all the time.  I want you to be super fit I mean super DUPER fit, and be able to run for your life.  I want you to be super strong and be able to push a bulldozer out of your way, I want you to be healthy and disease free and live just about forever, but I also want you to look your best and feel your best.  It is an important part of life and it's nothing to be ashamed of.  You deserve to feel good about how you look and I want you to get to that place, wherever it is. 

But it does take work, none of that stuff comes easily, so you will need to put in the time exercising and eating right.  You can improve on everything I just talked about, your health, your well-being, and your overall look.  So get focused and get going.  That's all for this time peeps.  A short one I know but hey that's all I have for you.  Until next time embrace the burn and thanks again for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment