Friday, September 7, 2012

Help is GREATLY appreciated

Hello ladies and gents, I know I have neglected you for a long time but I will be getting back to regular posts now.

Kerri and Kai celebrating his 2nd birthday
However this post is about something a bit off topic.  My sister Kerri has a two year old son named Kai,  Kai was diagnosed at 8 months old with an inoperable brain tumor.  The tumor runs along his optic nerve which causes many problems, nerve disorder, blindness, and almost constant pain.  Kerri and Kai have struggled through his 2 years, his 2nd birthday was Sept 5th.  My sister is quite simply the strongest person I know, the way that she keeps her head held high and carries on day to day is amazing.  She faces all problems with careful thought and explores all options to look for the best solution for Kai.  As he continues to grow older and get bigger it becomes increasingly difficult for her to care for him.  She has recently received a special wheel chair to help get kai around.
Me and Kai sharing a smile :)

However the wheelchair doesn't fit in my sisters car.  My uncle has organized a raffle to try to raise money to help the situation.
Kai and my fiance Lisa spending some couch time
The raffle is $100 per ticket with a maximum of 300 tickets.  The prize is 2 club seat tickets to the Patriots vs the Jets game (worth about $1200) The game is on Oct 21st 2012.  if you or anyone you know have any interest in participating in this raffle please email my uncle Al at AJMICALE@AYOUBENGINEERING.COM he will send you an email acknowledging that he received yours and promptly send you your raffle ticket.

Kai with his Dad Mark
Anything you can do will be a tremendous help and will be greatly appreciated.  There is no better cause than helping a sick innocent cute baby boy.  He and my sister have had a tough go and they cant receive enough help, but every little bit counts.

You can read more about Kerri and Kais journey at my sisters blog kaisfightclub.org/ there is also a direct donation button that you can click if you want to donate but don't want to be a part of the raffle.  The donation button is setup through a paypal account.


Thank you to anyone and everyone for anything you choose to do.  Please feel free to share this to facebook or repost to anyone who may be interested.  Thank you again.

Kai with a sweet owl hat one of the more stylish kids I know

No comments:

Post a Comment