Thursday, October 25, 2012

REvisit your goals

Hey folks,

Pat here, back again, this is a few weeks in a row, I'm really on a roll here, let's hope I can keep it up for a while.  So today's topic is your goals.  I have written posts about goals and goal setting in the past, feel free, in fact I encourage you, to scan through some of my previous articles and check.  Everything I said in previous posts is true, however sometimes a few weeks or months go by and we loose sight of our goals.  We might forget what they were all together.  So today we are going to revisit.  Its not something that should scare you or make you cringe, it's not your weird uncle with bad breath or your significant others overbearing friend that only talks about the good ol days from college.... No these are your goals, you came up with them, and at the time they seemed tough but realistic, you wanted to achieve them bad enough to write them down or make a mental note and you even tracked your progress for a while. 



Somewhere along the road to victory, you got lost, or your car broke down, or a Seinfeld marathon was on, or maybe it was happy hour at the bakery and you went a little overboard.  Whatever the case, somewhere along the way you got off track.  Well its time to go into that weird drawer in your house or desk where you keep random things.  You know the drawer, stapler is next to candles, that are on top of a flashlight, there are band aids in the back, 4 birthday cards in the front, a pack of twizzlers, some earings, measuring cups, a transformer from when you were 9, God only knows what else you could find if you emptied that thing out...... Somewhere in there is your list of goals, so take it out and dust it off. 

Become acquainted once again.  "Hello there goals, I'm Pat. Remember we met a while back? Sorry I haven't kept in touch much lately but I am back. OH I'M BACK BIG TIME BABY!!!" Sorry, I'm not sure why I felt the need to yell at my goals just now.  Anyway go through your lists of goals and reset them.  If they still seem reasonable and doable, then you can just pick right up where you left off.  Perhaps you have accomplished some or all of them.  If that is the case........ I'd like to stop everything and acknowledge you right now.  If you accomplished all of the goals from last time you set them try to picture me right now, I am at school with a free period I should be doing my students grades but I am standing up wearing a blue polo, eating almonds and I am clapping for YOU! OK back to biz, if you accomplished things on the list, it's time to set new ones, maybe add a few more lbs to your hang power clean, or subtract a few from your waistline, whatever your goals are its time to refocus and rededicate. 


congratulations on accomplishing your goals!

What's that you say? you want to drop a size? you want to crank out 40 push ups at a time, you want to look like a specimen, and be dying for summer to be back to show off your bathing suit body??? Guess what? These things don't just happen on their own.  You can't wish yourself to be smaller or bigger or stronger, etc... YOU set the goals, YOU form a plan, YOU stick to it, YOU put the work in, and when its all said and done, YOU get the reward of a job well done, possible compliments, and certainly a fantastic feeling of satisfaction................ That is until the next goals are set.
So focus on things and get back to work, if you stick to it and follow the advice from some other posts you'll be on the way to accomplishing your goals in no time. 

Until next time embrace the burn, and thanks for reading. 

1 comment: